LINDA LAVENDER SCHOOL OF DANCE
The studio dress code will encourage discipline and a feeling of unity among the dancers. Please try to adhere to the dress code.
When purchasing new ballet shoes, we recommend the ballet shoe with elastic binding that replaces the drawstring and casing. These shoes can be purchased at any of the local dancewear stores or online at www.discountdance.com. Our LLSD Teacher ID at Discount Dance is 66849.
• Preschool - age 5: Black leotard, pink footed tights, pink leather or canvas
ballet shoes with elastic sewn across instep, white tap shoes, dance skirts
allowed. Pre-jazz classes do not require jazz shoes
• Ages 6 and up*: Black leotard, pink footed tights, pink ballet shoes (as described above), black jazz-tap shoes, black slip-on jazz shoes
• Advanced dancers*: Solid colored leotards, pink footed tights, pink ballet
shoes, pink pointe shoes, black jazz-tap shoes, black slip-on jazz shoes
• Hair: Dancer’s hair must be pulled back off of the face and neck; ballet bun is preferred.
• Jazz: leotard and tights with jazz pants/jazz shorts and jazz shoes
• Hip Hop: leotard and tights, jazz or sweat pants or dance shorts, tennis shoes or jazz shoes
*Dance skirts are allowed for ballet; black jazz pants for tap and jazz.
Monogramming your child’s name on their leotard is encouraged for our
• Ballet: White t-shirt, black jazz pants, black socks, black ballet shoes
• Tap & Jazz: White t-shirt, black jazz pants, black jazz shoes after age 7, black tap shoes
• Pre-jazz classes do not require jazz shoes